One of my besties sent me this awesome article entitled “10 Simple Things You Can Do Today That Will Make You Happier, Backed by Science” It had some great very easy tips on how small changes in your lifestyle can make huge transformations in your life.
Here is the list:
- Exercising for at least 7 minutes a day decreases depression tremendously
- Sleeping at least an hour more per night shifts the mind’s focus from negative thoughts to positive thoughts
- Shorter commute time translates to happier moods
- We are happiest with family and friends. (According to the article, “almost all the other things we think make us happy are actually just ways of getting more family and friends”)
- Spending time outsides improves happiness levels
- Helping others brings about joy
- Smiling alleviates pain and sadness
- Anticipating a trip or a special event increases happiness. (Plan a trip- without actually taking one)
- Meditating improves your mood
- Practicing gratitude increases life satisfaction
So I decided that starting today until April 30th, 2015, I’ll make a few changes, particularly with the exercising (I know, I’ve been slacking but I know I could dedicate 7 minutes a day).
I also added a few other things such as watching a motivational video daily and applying for work and writing in my blog on a more consistent basis. Everyday that I complete everything, I’ll check mark the date at the top of that day of the week.
So far, so good. I’m happy!
I’ll keep updates and feel free to do something similar.
3 thoughts on “Happiness Challenge”